The Student Council at Monsignor McClancy HS is an extracurricular activity that works closely with the administration while giving our students a voice in their school. It includes representatives from all grade levels, allowing students to choose their executive board. Most importantly, the Student Council combines professionalism, philanthropy, and fun.
The Student Council’s Responsibilities:
- Organize all Dress-Down Days and School Dances, where all proceeds have been donated to various charities:
- St. Jude’s Hospital for Cancer Research, Smile Train, Red Cross, Policemen & Firemen’s Widow’s Benevolent Hope, Relay for Life, Troop Drive, DVD4vets, and Operation Rice Bowl
- Organize school blood drives in coordination with the Long Island Blood Center
- Help to create the Student Planner
- Organize and facilitate the Senior Prom
- The executive board meets on a continual basis with the administration to talk about modifications that can be made to improve student life
The Student Council continually fosters a sense of School Spirit by promoting school athletic and extracurricular events.
Moderator: Mrs. Emilia Sciame-Doddato