Msgr. McClancy High School is located in East Elmhurst, New York. It is conducted by the Brothers of the Sacred Heart, who have been active in American education since 1847 when they arrived in Mobile, Alabama, from Lyons, France. With roots in the South, this religious congregation of men grew throughout the States and had its greatest flowering in Canada and the Eastern States. At present, there are more than 2,000 Brothers in North America and in missions around the globe serving in the ministry of education.
Msgr. McClancy High School was opened in 1956. The Brothers named the school in memory of Msgr. McClancy, former Superintendent of Schools for the Diocese of Brooklyn, who had given much encouragement to the Brothers’ work in education till his death in 1954.