Dear Parent/ Guardian,

If your child has a medical condition that requires them to take prescription or over the counter medications during school hours, The NYC Department of Health requires your child’s physician to complete a Medication Administration Form. The forms are available on the school’s website in the ‘Nurse’s Office’ tab. These forms allow your child to carry their medications, such as an Epi-pen or inhaler in school in case of emergency. They may also store a second epi-pen or inhaler at the Nurse’s Office. Student’s cannot carry or receive any medications in school without these forms. This includes all over the counter medications such as Tylenol. A new form is required each new school year for each medication. Medications other than inhalers and epi-pens or other emergency medications must be brought to the Nurse’s Office to safely store for your child when needed. Please contact me with any questions. Thank you.