Dear Students and Parents,
Msgr. McClancy allows students to bring their own devices to school to use for educational purposes. Only one device per student can be used with the school WiFi. Students must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Students will use their devices in class only at the invitation of their teacher. A student does not have the ‘right’ to use his/her device, and is not permitted to use it if this is against the wishes of his/her teacher. It is the teacher’s decision whether or not he or she uses technology in the classroom.
- A student is fully responsible for the care and upkeep of his/her own device. Msgr. McClancy is not responsible for broken, stolen or malfunctioning personal devices.
- Devices must be used in a manner consistent with the mission of Msgr. McClancy and in compliance with its Acceptable Use Policy found in the Student Handbook.
- Students are expected to abide by school and classroom rules regarding appropriate times for use of personal electronic devices. Inappropriate use may result in the device being confiscated and revoking a student’s privileges to using these devices in school.
- Students will be accessing a filtered internet environment which complies with the federal CIPA (Children’s Internet Protection Act) regulations.
- In order to access the Internet, each student must register the device that will be used by e-mailing the information requested below. Any device not registered will not be able to connect to the WiFi.
- Freshmen and Sophomores are required to bring a Chrome Book or other suitable device to use in class every day. Freshmen and sophomores will be able to download some textbooks. Cell phones do not fall under “bring your own device”.
Any sophomore, junior or senior who registered their device during the 2017-2018 school year will still be able to connect to the school WiFi.
To register your device, email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Student’s name and the year he/she will graduate
- Make and Model of the device that you wish to register
- The WiFi MAC address of the device that you wish to register